Garden District Association gardendistrictassociation.com email@example.com 504-525-7608 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ See what's happening on our social sitesFacebook [http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=0012Rh899fRGXt8d70ZczcwfKQXOy4z4ezu0znA-eUfh30T3rPpjqdPrU4QgWRiW8p5ZwbqmMmvoIwW7JWM8Jld3kBHXAzbqBvfR2mVJn3GIvibq6YHG_AcoSZTbi3cZGWPhvjR84hxfB6U-gglM-grQPJ3LB3tCB2M6Ia3vg098180xc3nuhcZOkiiX_N-GuW7&c=2W6KuuS8FgccGJoSi9TcTW4UIFJpEYpE4UrFMqUblS3e7LLZhEadbA==&ch=JXXMXq8Lt9zUS2XJNZ2BLVzi7IjV4vUXB87k9k0eMl-JXVyRV1LAVw==]Twitter…
City Planning To Hear Short Term Rental Issue – February 26
2019 SHORT TERM RENTAL STUDY – Request by City Council Motion M-19-6 for the City Planning Commission to conduct a public hearing and study on possibility of special programs or conditions that would allow for the issuance of two or more Residential Short Term Rental licenses to a single license holder to incentivize economic development in certain areas of the city, without imposing secondary effects relative to its residential fabric. The CPC will consider and recommend provisions including but not limited to:
- The creation of an Economic Development Incentive STR Zone, possibly to be created as an overlay zoning district;
- The size of any such zone;
- The cap on the total number of Residential STR licenses within any such zone;
- The cap on the number of Residential STR licenses per owner within any such zone; and
- The possibility of a “grandfather” provision to allow any existing or prior Temporary or Commercial license holders whose license lapsed during the Short Term Rental Interim Zoning District effectiveness to regain one or more licenses for use in the Economic Development Incentive STR Zone.
Another hearing to cover additional STR issues will be held on March 12.