Mardi Gras parade season is fast approaching. Many residents will be leaving town, many guests visiting and lots of activities will occur that take us all out of our daily routines. The NOPD and the uptown security districts urge you to take a few simple steps to help keep all of us safe. Think about it, when you don’t take the simple steps to protect yourself or your valuables, you invite crime that could hurt you, your family or your neighbors.
A few reminders:
- Be cautious and courteous when out and about with friends.
- Be deliberate and judicious about locking the doors of your cars, your homes and sheds. Do not leave valuables out for the taking or in plain sight.
- Be mindful about SETTING HOUSE ALARMS, leaving homes well lit, and cameras functioning as they should.
- We also encourage you to use the escort service and to give this number to your guests to use as well.
- If you are going out of town, please call the security district to complete an out of town form so that the guards will check your home regularly and have the correct contact information to reach you in case there is an incident.
Thanks for doing your part!
We wish you a Safe and Happy Mardi Gras!
The GDSD patrol is available for you anytime day or night to escort you to and from your car or when you are arriving to your destination in the Garden District. Simply call the GDSD Patrol – (504) 899-4374 and ask for assistance. Reporting all suspicious activity to the patrol helps prevent crimes. Please take every precaution to be safe.