CITYWIDE SHORT-TERM RENTAL FORUM
CITYWIDE SHORT-TERM RENTAL FORUMThursday, September 20, 20186:00 – 7:30 p.m.Corpus Christi Epiphany Community Resource CenterHosted by the Short-Term Rental Committee*FREE and open to the public
As the City Planning Commission and City Council contemplate major changes to the existing regulations for Short Term Rentals, the Short-Term Rental Committee is hosting a citywide public forum to discuss the impacts that the industry has had on neighborhoods, housing, and communities.
Speakers will cover a variety of issues:
- Data analysis – who’s operating what and how many?
- Current and proposed regulations
- Enforcement challenges
- Frontline reports from neighborhood advocates
- Next steps in the regulation revision process
- Policy recommendations to ensure that our residents and our neighborhoods are protectedCurrently, there are nearly 4000 licensed STRs in New Orleans, and over 2000 more suspected to be operating illegally. The cumulative effects have had a major impact on many neighborhoods across the city.NOTE: The City Planning Commission vote on STRs will be the following Tuesday, September 25.
Please join us for both dates to share your concerns and make your voice heard!For more information or to RSVP (requested),email email@example.com* The Short Term Rental Committee is composed of citizens from across New Orleans who advocate for the protection of neighborhoods from the intrusion of illegal short-term rentals. The Garden District Association is a member of this committee.